I finished carving one of my abstract female torsos in limestone that I had roughed out using a CNC machine (right on photos above and below). I left one of the two CNC carves as is, so I can show others what the finished one looked like after the robot did its work. I think this will be an interesting frame of reference in the future. I wrote an article about my experience for the NWSSA Journal.
Unfortunately, the finished one broke due to a weakness in the limestone in the “leg” area. I repaired it, but the fissure is noticeable.
Here is a short video explaining the final part of the process:
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below…